Monday, January 18, 2010

Thoughts on Pregnancy

Well, this little baby is now 30-weeks along! We are three-quarters of the way through this pregnancy, and incredibly grateful for the relative ease of it. Now, as the baby grows bigger and bigger and the physical demands of the pregnancy get harder on me, I've been thinking about all the benefits of it that I will miss once our girl is here. And they are...

1. My belly!

2. Almost always getting a seat on the train.

3. How nice strangers are to me now, telling me how good I look and asking when I'm due. I tell ya, New Yorkers are kind to pregnant women!

4. Play time with my baby. I love that she is always with me now, and that she'll have a kicking fit in the middle of a work day. Her active times feel like play times for me, and I love that I can enjoy those throughout the day. I know how much I miss Michael when I'm at work. I can't imagine how much I'm going to miss my baby.

5. Guilt-free eating! Oh Snickers bars! I think the last time I ate a whole snickers bar before this pregnancy was in high school. I've had too many to count in the last 20 weeks or so. They are so delicious...

6. Always feeling good when I leave the gym, just for having made it there. Even if I've only gone once the whole week, I'm still proud for making it there (rather than feeling bad about how infrequently I'm going, which is how I felt when I wasn't pregnant).

7. All the compliments and smiles I get. Love that!

So that's the start - the parts of pregnancy that I will surely miss. And the elements to hold on to as it gets harder in the home stretch!

No comments: