Friday, January 1, 2010

2010

Happy New Year! Michael and I have enjoyed a quiet, relaxing day - waking only to go back to sleep, reading quietly, watching TV, eating home-cooked food. I ventured out for a walk around our new neighborhood around 3, and it just felt nice to stretch my legs for no reason other than to enjoy being outdoors. I didn't have a destination in mind, but just meandered for a bit. I ended up walking home through Riverside Park - beautiful.



2009 was a strange year for our household, dominated largely by work. Of course, the highlight was finding out about our beautiful baby girl. Others included a week at Rehoboth with my mom and brother, visits with family in Virginia, Florida and New York, and weekend getaways with just me and my man.

2010 has so much in store for us! God willing, we'll bring home a baby girl! My brother will graduate college! My mom will move back to the States! Our professional lives will progress! And we'll continue to make this new apartment our home.

One of the life changes I worry about when thinking about becoming a mom is just feeling constantly stressed and never feeling present anywhere. Balancing work and family will be more difficult than I can even imagine yet. But today, during my slow and enjoyable walk around the neighborhood, I saw glimpses of how I hope we can find peace with our little family. It's going to be the challenge of 2010, but well worth it.

1 comment:

SMS said...

Absolutely beautiful L :)