Saturday, June 6, 2009

Growth

My weekend started like this:

The walk home yesterday was marred by lots of wind and enough rain to keep you unhappy and wet. I saw LOTS of umbrellas discarded between work and the gym.

But, everything began to turn around with yoga. On Friday evenings, Renee teaches a class that is absolutely perfect. She goes beyond simple sun salutations, asking us to do insane amounts of stretching to open up hips, work our backs, and get limber. Her body seems to defy all rules of biology and gravity, and it just inspires you to keep pushing. I went farther in Lizard than I have before, and that was very satisfying.

Today has been pleasant as well. Want to know the highlight?? THIS!

That little round green thing is my very first tomato growing!!! Isn't it beautiful?!?? I am praying that my landlord and the squirrels let me keep these plants and veggies growing. I am worried that they are getting too big for the pot - I may have to sacrifice a couple of plants in each pot:


Isn't it amazing how quickly they have grown? Here's a picture from when I planted them just two weeks ago! Anyway, as you can tell, I am terribly excited!!

AND, to top it all off, my friend Melissa finally had her baby boy! Isaac was born on Thursday, and he is a looker!

No comments: