Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fall Wonderment

I always feel antsy this time of year... something about the change of seasons, the end of summer, the closing of another year, and of course, the cold weather.

This weekend, Michael indulged my love of country music to an impressive degree. He sacrificed a relaxing Saturday night in the city to travel to Connecticut, the land of very bad radio, to see Rascal Flatts and Taylor Swift at Mohegan Sun. The drive was pleasant thanks to the beautiful fall foliage. Here's a quick picture, taken at high speeds from our rental car.

Once back in Manhattan today, I dropped Michael off near 30 Rock so he could head back into the office. It's been happening rather frequently these days, so here's an image of the apartment as I've seen it lately.


Finally, while I walked around this evening, popping into stores and enjoying the pre- Thanksgiving and Christmas excitement, I took this shot of our neighborhood restaurant. Michael and I have enjoyed dinner here twice - a special occasion, to be sure (as so much in our neighborhood is). Anyway, the picture felt like fall -- a cool night outside, but warm where you want to be.

No comments: