Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sharing

Okay, so I thought I might try something new on this little blog of mine. Something that is sure to garner a little mocking from my husband and my brother, but let's give it a go...

On Sunday, I flipped through this month's Real Simple magazine to find a whole section where people wrote about their most peaceful time of day. I found it very pleasureable to hear what others say! Since I've shared mine (early morning tea just can't be beat), I was wondering if you would be willing to share yours?? I'd love to hear what part of the day calms you the most!!

5 comments:

The Taylor Three said...

the moment my little one goes to sleep and I have a few precious 'free' moments to do chores or nothing. Enjoy it now Lil! ;)

SMS said...

The calmest moment in my day comes when I sit with the girls on my lap, in my grandfather's rocking chair, and read to them. I do this before their afternoon nap (Stephen reads to them before bedtime). They sit in my lap with their "soft"s (blankets) and their little pacies bobbing in their mouths and they snuggle into my chest. I could sit there for hours.

Jessie said...

Early morning, cat fed, daughters asleep, steaming cup of tea mellowed with honey and sugar, feet up, morning paper in hand (or not)-- it's almost meditative.

JD said...

It typically takes me a couple hours to wind down from work, especially if I've been dealing with a difficult situation involving parents or colleagues. Sometimes, going to the gym can be relaxing. Sure, pleasure reading also has its benefits. But, the most peaceful time of the day usually occurs while I enjoy a late night cup of coffee around 11:00 pm. There's something about the positive associations that I have with the warm mug in my hands and the scent that puts me at ease.

Unknown said...

Generally, it's when I first get up and have my first cups of coffee scanning through the morning news or, when the weather is nice, sitting on the deck, listening to morning sounds, and watching the creek. But the best times are when I'm on the dock or on the water doing nothing but immersing myself in what's around me.