Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fun!

It's that lovely time of year - when it feels good to be in the kitchen again.

I've missed cooking. Between the nausea and exhaustion of my first trimester, I spent little time in the kitchen this summer. But now that the weather has cooled, the evenings are darker, and my second trimester energy is here, I've been happily back, cooking away! We've been eating comfort foods like stuffed shells and lasagna, beef brisket and tacos, quesadillas and baked chicken. It's been lovely! I've also been really missing baking, and managed to produce a couple of apple pies and plenty of chocolate chip cookies.

It's an inspiring time of year to be in the kitchen, and I'm excited for some new recipes! If you have any favorites, feel free to pass them along!

********
Oh, and if anyone has a good recipe for butternut squash, I'd love to see it!!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

There is a wonderful soup in Madhur Jaffrey's cookbook World Vegetarian. I made it tonight. If you don't have the book I will copy it out for you when I have a little more time. It is called Simple Pumpkin soup (I use butternut squash) and the main spice is ginger. Delicious.