Monday, October 12, 2009

Boy oh boy!

Last week, Michael and I spent 30 minutes watching our little baby swim and squirm. At 15 weeks, our little one looks more human than it had before. So human, in fact, that we learned our baby is a little boy!

Here he is waving to Michael and me:


And him stretching his back:


And him showing off his little foot:


The entire sonogram was a thrilling experience, and Michael and I loved having the chance to see our little boy moving around, kicking his legs and shaking his head.

When the doctor told us we were having a boy, it confirmed what I'd been feeling for a few weeks. Even earlier that day, I sent an email to Michael, telling him that I was confident that our baby was a he, not a she. This will sound silly and ridiculous, but being right about the baby's sex has given me confidence in my connection with him. Right now, the fact that I'm pregnant is still a little abstract - I don't really look pregnant, and I haven't felt the baby move around. But I did have an instinct about the sex - one that was pretty accurate - and that's exciting to me.

My friend Melissa just had a boy, and I'm reassured that we'll be learning about boys together. It's going to be great!

*******************

On an utterly unrelated note, this Sunday's Times magazine was all about food, and it's well worth the read. Just click here.

5 comments:

Jessie said...

what a happy journey you are on! You will be great parents!

tracie said...

Lillian, the pictures are amazing. I'm so happy I can follow along on your blog.

The Taylor Three said...

love the pics! bringing up baby is so much fun and a whole heck of a lot of work!

SMS said...

How exciting!!!! It must have felt so incredible to have your hunch confirmed. I was completely off about our little ones but it only made me love them more as I warmed to the idea of raising girly girls. Your boy is going to such a lucky little man to have parents like you two :)

Miranda* said...

congratulations! :)