Friday, October 2, 2009

Love

A couple of months ago, I saw this picture in the Washington Post. I was immediately struck by the beautiful, suburban scene - sun shinning through lush, green trees with just a woman and her child running together, enjoying what appears to be a gorgeous summer morning. And then I starting asking myself - will I be such an impressively fit mother?

Because, the night before, Michael and I saw this:

Our first positive pregnancy test! (In Michael's utter shock and awe at us getting pregnant, he had me take four tests before he believed a one of them.)

Our family is expanding, and we couldn't be happier about it. The little one will join us sometime this spring. (S)he is due on March 27th, my mom's birthday, perfectly placed between Michael's and mine.


Sharing my life with Michael has been the greatest decision I've made. Being his wife makes me happier than anything I've ever known. And to think that we're now going to raise a child among such love and joy, that we get to shower it with this affection... it's really such an honor.

One night last summer, while watching the sunset from our balcony in a little hut in Thailand, I remember looking out at the ocean and feeling grateful that one day, Michael and I will raise a child who will get to experience moments filled with romance and optimism and love just like those. Now this little one is growing, and I have such hope for its future. I can't wait for this baby to feel, to know the love Michael and I already have for him or her, and for our child to grow and live the joys of life.

Michael, as always, writes more eloquently about this great next adventure here. This little bump is so utterly loved already...

1 comment:

SMS said...

Oh L ... I am at a loss to know how I possibly missed this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Feel like a total jerk or something :( Well anyway I love it and I am so excited for you both.. but particularly for you. Pregnancy is such a magical experience. Are you sure there is only one little sea monkey in there ? (wink) Congratulations to you guys you are going to make fantastic parents and it is such an enjoyable and joy filled journey. Much love to you mama :)