Monday, March 21, 2011

Momma

So it's been a hectic, rainy, stressful morning. Michael and I had to work hard to get us all out the door - and into the rain - reasonably close to on time. Alice slept so well that I had to wake her up, which meant we had a fussy baby. And she decided against nursing yet again, leaving me incredibly uncomfortable and scrambling to find a way to pump before making my first trek out to our new offices in Queens. When I finally got out the door, I had a fussy baby, an umbrella, and two bags to carry down to our "daycare" where I prayed I would find a pump.

Needless to say, I was feeling frazzled and even a little frustrated.

But then, do you know what happened while we stood there, stuff in hand, waiting for an elevator?!? Alice put her head on my shoulder and - I swear I heard this - said "Momma."

The heart bursts.