Saturday, April 4, 2009

On my way...

Today I am off to Phily to visit Melissa and attend her baby shower! I am so excited to see her in all her pregnant glory! Although this sick lady behind me on the bus could stop coughing...

Work lately has been both a blessing and a curse. I worked an 11-hour day yesterday and think that could become a common event in the next couple of weeks. Our team has lost one person in February and another will leave in three weeks. We are in the process of rethinking our entire approach to addressing childhood inactivity and obesity. I already know of 2 Saturdays that I will have to work. And major evaluation efforts are underway.

I am really excited about our new strategy, and incredibly sad about losing my colleague. I know the next six months will be rewarding and intense. I just hope I have the energy to do it - and the willpower to keep up at the gym in the meantime!

No comments: