Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Revive

Last night, Michael and I revived one of our favorite traditions: an evening stroll. His current job is one that demands late evenings, so for the past year and a half getting home in time for a walk was pretty rare. Our evening strolls, routine during our graduate school days, took a back seat to a furious rush home so that we could eat dinner before midnight.

But yesterday's warmer weather and Michael's pending departure from his current job allowed for a leisurely stroll through the streets of our new neighborhood. We've been dying to stretch our legs out around here since moving in, but the cold winter weather and late work nights kept us both from being out and about. Walking around last night - through Riverside Park, in and among the college students rushing to class nearby, to PinkBerry for ice cream and Chipotle for coke - left us both with a sense of freedom and grounding that we've been missing for quite some time. Michael's new job (and daylight savings and warmer weather) will allow for more strolls like these, and that may just be the greatest benefit of the whole transition.

2 comments:

SMS said...

LIKE :)

Emily said...

Hey lovely! I added your blog to my Google Reader so that I can start reading all of your updates! I'm loving it! (I otherwise forget to check blogs.) Thank you for sharing these wonderful insights into your life. I'm so glad you and Michael fit in what sounds like a lovely evening stroll. I so miss *our* evening strolls, too!

You look beautiful and radiant! I hope you feel half as great as you look! So, so excited for you!

Congrats to Michael on his upcoming transition!

Love!
Emily (Gorman) Stratton