Tuesday, March 30, 2010

March 30, 2010

Today is our baby's due date! Michael and I woke up this morning, registering first that the baby didn't arrive last night and then realizing that today was the day we've been holding on to for months. That said, there's been no activity to indicate today will be any different than yesterday, or any in the last couple of weeks. It looks like our little girl is just going to stay put for a bit longer.

I've been trying to remind myself that keeping her healthy, safe, and growing is a blessing. She's a little one, and it's good for her to bake a little bit longer. But Michael's and my patience is wearing thin - we are just so excited to meet her!! I'm utterly uncomfortable, am tired of being in transition, and have silly day dreams about laying on my stomach and resuming a life in my old body. Plus, if one more person says, "No baby?!" or "How are you feeling?" I'm going to flip. I'm ready for this next phase, to embrace my little girl, to not fear labor any more. One day soon...

Simultaneously, I must say, when I feel my little lady's foot kicking, I am reminded just how much I'm going to miss feeling her presence every day.

No comments: