Friday, December 4, 2009

Plans Change

This week has been a long one. I spent four of the five work days visiting elementary school classrooms all over the city. This has required many early mornings, despite late nights, and I'm pooped! Visiting kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade classrooms was mildly terrifying - and at times rather sad. Teachers continue to earn my total respect. I don't know that I could ever work in such chaos. But I'm also amazed at how negative school environments can be. Every day at lunch I heard a new group of teachers complaining about their students, fellow faculty, principals, administrators, testing, etc. etc. etc. It's tiring passing day in and day out in that kind of workplace.

In addition to my crazy schedule, Michael has put in very late hours this week. Wednesday was his office's Christmas party, so we enjoyed an evening together. But he got home at 9 or later every other night (including an arrival around 1:40 AM this morning) and now will be working over the weekend.

I'm leaving for my grandmother's funeral alone... I don't think this weekend will be quite as rejuvenating as I had hoped. But perhaps the time with family will help heal some of the sadness.

No comments: