Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas 2009

Today Michael and I celebrated our first Christmas in New York. Between his parents' move to Austin, our move to the new apartment, the pregnancy and my brother's trip to Armenia, it didn't make much sense for us to travel this holiday weekend. While it was sad to be without extended family, I loved celebrating this Christmas in our new home!

Michael and I picked up a our tree last night and decorated it with lights and about 14 ornaments while listening to Christmas music. Most of our celebrating has focused on food: lasagna for dinner last night, popovers for breakfast today, and beef brisket for our Christmas dinner. We also made it to church, and to the movies. Overall, the focus has been on enjoying some relaxing time in this empty city of ours.

I love my husband and this family we are creating.

Michael hiding behind out tree:

My first attempt at popovers:

A delicious Christmas dinner of beef brisket, mashed potatoes, asparagus and salad:

No comments: