Monday, February 6, 2012

Solitude

I'm writing tonight from another hotel room in Atlanta, a mere two weeks after my last trip to this city in the South. I'm not complaining, though. Given the type of work I do, it's unlikely that all this traveling will continue. I have one more trip on the horizon - California in March - and then work will happen only in Queens.

I'm down here for a project I've been working on for several years now. Every week we chat on the phone to discuss the evaluation, to move things along just a little bit more. But I'm always surprised how much I learn when we meet in person - it's shocking to see how frequently I zone out on the phone, but how clued in I am in person. The "charms" of modern professionalism...

I am always overwhelmed with how to spend my personal time on these trips. I want to squeeze so much into my two hours alone every day --- yoga and reading and blogging and sleeping and reading and thinking and sleeping and working and walking and sleeping... The list goes on. So now I will say goodnight, and fire up my kindle...

No comments: