Monday, February 20, 2012

The Day

Dear Alice,

Today is the kind of day I hope to remember forever. Today you and I went off on an adventure. We spent the day at the Central Park Zoo, FAO Schwartz and Toys 'R Us. The highlights of the day:

  • Seeing horses wearing "jackets" all along the southern edge of Central Park.
  • Laughing at penguins diving through the water.
  • Watching Gus, the Polar Bear, sleep, lift his head, and fall back asleep again.
  • Eating our packed lunch of PB & J sandwiches and yogurt in front of the sea lions, soaking up the sun, and smiling.
  • Watching a cow eating hay, chewing with eyes shut and mouth open, laughing constantly.
  • Feeling you grab my waist as we watched the Dinosaur from Jurassic Park at the Toys 'R Us at Times Square.
  • Buying you your first real girlie doll - a Dora with a hair brush - breaking all of my rules just because you were so freakin happy to have her.
These are special times, my love. I'm so grateful for this kind of day - a morning of adventures, an afternoon of naps and household chores. I pray for many more of these together, my sweet special babe.

I love you!
Mommy

No comments: