Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Lent 2012

A few years ago, my Lenten resolution was to turn off all computers by 8 PM. It was a shockingly difficult challenge, but one that helped me realize the depths of my technology addiction.

As my iPhone creeps ever closer to my bedroom and the number of screens that fill my day grows, I think it might be time to take this on again. It's harder now - when else do I have time to play Scrabble with Friends, or write blogs, or check Facebook a million gazillion times? But I also think that I need to (re-)establish some boundaries. So I think I will have to turn off my iPhone, my computer, and my blackberry at 8 PM every night, and only reach for it after 7:30 in the morning. Exceptions are inevitable (last minute Diapers.com orders cannot be ignored), and I am sure I'll fail somewhat regularly.

But if Lent is meant to be a daily sacrifice, then this might be a good challenge for me.

2 comments:

4AllSeasonz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
hotelsdiscount said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.