Wednesday, September 15, 2010

People Do the Strangest Things

Alice and I were walking home. The sun was bright, the breeze gentle and cool. We sat at the intersection, waiting to enter the Park, watching cars drive swiftly past. When the light changed color and the drivers slowed to a halt, Alice and I started to cross the street.

Alice was excited to see the park - so excited, in fact, that she started making bubbles. Loudly. I found this terribly amusing, as all mothers do.

Midway through the intersection, I notice the driver - a woman in a minivan, so likely a mother herself - smile. Then, just as quickly as her smile appeared, the woman rolled down the window...

AND STARTED BLOWING BUBBLES HERSELF.

This grown, 50-something-year-old woman started blowing bubbles at my sweet little baby!!!

It was very amusing, and kept me smiling all the way home.

No comments: