Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Events

Today has been eventful!

First, in an effort to earn my keep around this place, I installed an air conditioner!! I spent the morning sweating, swearing, and praying I wouldn't drop this expensive device through our window and down six flights into the courtyard below. And guess what?! I didn't! I managed to wedge our AC in just the right position, and now I'm sitting in the living room, praying that it has then strength to cool off our apartment. I have to say, I feel burly. In a good way.


Then, while feeding Alice, I felt the earth move!! I emailed Michael, feeling ridiculous even asking, "Uh... did you just feel the earth shake?" He didn't. But the New York Times did! Ha!

And, the big news of the day: Alice rolled over for the very first time! As soon as it was over, I gave her gobs of kisses and she just stared at me with this look of utter boredom. Like, "Hello, Mom. It's no big deal." I tried to get her to do it again for the camera, but no luck. Instead she just talked to me. So here's a clip of her chatting:

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Congratulations from one burly woman to another.