Sunday, October 7, 2012

Ballet


Last night, Anna and I took our big girls to the ballet. The New York City Center was hosting a fall dance festival, and tickets were reasonable enough that Anna and I agreed we wouldn't feel horrible if we had to leave after 5 minutes.

The girls were absolutely amazing. Both Naomi and Alice were mesmerized, and stayed reasonably quiet throughout the whole experience. We stayed for three of the four performances - an Indian dance, a ballet and a modern piece. I was surprised by how interested Alice was in the modern dancers. I was taken (unsurprisingly) by the romantic pas de deux. Anna and I both talked about how pleasant it was to be taking in some city culture.

It was a beautiful night, one that we will remember for a long time.

Alice, Naomi, Anna and I just before the lights went down.

Anna, Alice and Naomi after the first performance.

Alice covering her ears as the train pulls into the station. "It's too loud, Momma!!"

No comments: