Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Adventures in Babysitting


Today Alice and I went to a beach in Staten Island! Henry generously left us his car, so we have been taking advantage of it, driving out of the city as much as possible. I can't believe this beautiful beach is only 1 hour from our house - what a treat! Alice loved burying her feet in the sand, watching the water come in and out, and jumping over the water. She also loved the ice cream!


She didn't really like sharing it with me, though...


I am very emotional these days. Between the pregnancy and the job transition, there seems to be a lot going on in my head. I am going to miss my colleagues/friends so much, and leaving something you know for something you don't is just... horrifying. I've had so many horrible work experiences - terrible bosses, general meanness, and lots of whinny folks. But my tenure at the Health Department has been marked by the complete opposite - nothing but love, support, encouragement and faith. I am just trying to remind myself that I am no longer a 23-year old youngster who doesn't know how to respond to difficult situations. And that I have heard lovely things about my new office. I'm excited for the new challenge, and a little daunted by it as well...

No comments: