Saturday, January 3, 2009

Winter Farming

We often are asked what is available at the Farmers' Market come January and February. Well, today I picked up two types of mushrooms, fresh pasta, apples, eggs, carrots, onions and red kuri and butternut squash. The market also offers tons of fresh meat and fish (I have yet to start buying it, but know I need to), yogurt, cheese, honey, granola, breads, fresh flowers...

Here are some pictures (unfortunately, not very good ones, as I only had my phone with me) from the market today:

Mushrooms (with five varieties available)

Beautiful and delicious fresh pasta!

A million varieties of potatoes

A million varieties of squash

Tons of pickled produce!
(included here are beets, tomatoes and actual pickles)

2 comments:

Henry said...

Mom thinks you were trying to one up her about her ghum post. How was your new year?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.