Saturday, January 10, 2009

Relax!!

What on earth is wrong with me?!?

There was a time when I could sit leisurely, reading, napping, relaxing. For whatever reason, that time is gone. I feel utterly incapable of sitting still for longer than 15 minutes in my apartment. I get up to fix something in the kitchen, pick up clutter, clean a corner of the desk, go outside to buy things (thankfully most often I'm purchasing required items like groceries). I just can't seem to relax...

This morning is the perfect example. It's been a rough week - Michael and I have both pushed ourselves at the gym a lot and neglected sleep. My body feels tired and ready for a few hours of sitting around and reading. I am in the midst of a fabulous book that I sincerely enjoy whenever I pick it up. And, to top it all off, Michael isn't here - he is in New Jersey taking a class for the bar (don't ask...). But since I woke up, I have been baking cookies, cleaning up random items, making "to do" lists, looking at things online. It's ridiculous!

Perhaps it's the guilt - Michael is working and I'm not and so I feel like I can't really relax since he isn't. But even when he's here, I'm still moving rather frequently...

What's wrong with me?

No comments: