Monday, September 3, 2012

Loving

This weekend, Michael, Alice and I had a whirlwind trip to the DC area. We left on the 6:45 am train on Saturday morning, and came back on the 8:10 am train today. Not much sleep (I need a vacation after my long weekend), but all for a great cause: we were elebrating my brother's engagement.

The party was - unsurprisingly - perfect. My mom knows how to throw a shindig! The house looked amazing, and the food was delicious. And it was just awesome to meet Eileen's family. They were all so fun and warm, just like Eileen. It's exciting to add a new addition to our family unit, to have another person join the holiday fray. The best part is that we genuinely like Eileen.

This post should be longer and more specific, but it's too late for that. But just to share our lasting feelings from the weekend: exhaustion, love and excitement.

No comments: