Saturday, November 14, 2009

Upside Down

What a week!

First, we found out that our little boy is actually a little GIRL! For weeks, we've been imaging our new family with a baby boy at its center, as our family unit dominated by males. We've been rubbing my belly, asking him what names he likes, talking about raising a little man. And now we're back to square one! We're rethinking this future, now with a baby girl at its heart. It's amazing and exciting and daunting all the same. For some reason, a boy seems... easier to me. A girl is scary! Wish us luck! Here's a picture of her beautiful profile:


Second, Michael and I found a new home! Our new apartment is a gorgeous, large 3-bedroom just north of Columbia. It's about three times the size of our current place and will be a lovely place to build our family. We even have room to host family and friends!

Michael's & My Bedroom

The Study/Guest Bedroom

Our Little GIRL's Room

Our Living Room

The Kitchen

1 comment:

SMS said...

I have apparently not been observant enough this weekend! Holy Moly that is a shocker! How exciting! As a mother of girls who actually cried real tears and whimpered "They are going to hate me." when I found out mine were girls.. let me be the first to say that girls are absolutely the most precious. From my limited experience of course. You guys are the perfect couple to raise a girl too.. you are right.. girls are hard.. not everyone can do a great job raising a girl.. you guys are going to be amazing at it. Just wait until she has enough hair to put it into pigtails.. melt.