Sunday, December 28, 2008

What's to love about winter?

For the first time, I'm starting to find out!

This year, I've made the effort to switch my thinking about winter. And here's what I've learned I like about this time of year:

1. I don't feel guilty relaxing at home, in our apartment on the weekends.

2. I enjoy cooking more, since it isn't (1) 120 degrees in the kitchen and (2) still light outside while I'm preparing food.

3. Now that I've learned how to dress (i.e. hat, gloves, scarf, long johns), it isn't too bad once you start walking out.

4. Michael and I have enjoyed a lovely winter Saturday routine, including a matinee movie and some walking around the city.

5. I don't start sweating two seconds after stepping outside.

6. The sun still shines in the winter! In fact, sometimes it is stronger.

7. I don't feel like I'm missing out on life if I stay at work a little later than usual.

8. It's the perfect light to wake up to in the mornings.

No comments: